Saturday 10 January 2015

Teeny tiny dipes

When I was pregnant with baby#3, Benedict, I was stressed about buying disposable diapers for the first few months since the price of diapers up here is crazy! Our cloth diapers don't work very well for tiny bums and legs so I usually wait until my babies are 1 month old and bit chunky before wrapping them up in some fluff. I had all of the supplies for making my own cloth dipes so I drew up a quick pattern for making newborn size cloth diapers. 

I used patterned PUL and green microsuede from www.diapersewingsupplies.com, and snaps from an amazon store (can't remember which supplier) and velcro/touch tape/ hook and loop/whatever you want to call it, that I already had in my sewing stash.

I ended up making 9 in total, but here are a few that I managed to get done before Ben arrived in August.



Pretty tiny 


All ready and waiting for Benedict


A bit snug

Now, we knew Benedict was going to be big, but I figured he would fit the dipes longer than he ended up wearing them. But look how cute he is at only a few weeks old!

If I make more for future children (not sure if #4 or #5 will happen, we're pretty maxed out at 3), I will make the inside tabs longer and not bother with 2 rows of snaps because the hip snaps were not really needed.

I love how they turned out and I wish wish wish I took more pictures of Ben wearing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment