Thursday 29 August 2013

Handmade Dipes

Just a quick post tonight to mention that last winter I attempted making some cloth diapers. They turned out quite nice I think. The first one I made was from this tutorial, but I top stitched it before adding the elastics and it turned out a bit frilly. 


A little frilly

The second one I modified a bit, I didn't top stitch until the elastics were sewn in place and I used a cotton print over a girly PUL fabric, but that resulted in a more narrow dipe.

Cotton over PUL, you can barely see the flowers!

Slight difference

I'm hoping to make up some more once the craft room is put together. Right now it's looking pretty chaotic and I still need to "encourage" the husband to help me build a desk, and a kitchen island, and a guest room bed, and ,whoops got carried away there, haha!

Seriously messy

Well, let me know what you think of the two styles. One has side snaps and the other wraps around front.

No comments:

Post a Comment